Questions or comments?
©1998 W James
Professor of Water Resources Engineering,
University of Guelph,
Guelph, Ontario, Canada. N1G2W1.
Here are the latest unexpurgated and complete "official" (from the Elderhostel evaluations). All names have obviously been withheld. My reason for posting student comments is to help you evaluate the likely value of the course: the set as a whole may be used as part of the larger set of potentially helpful resources. For example, note that my courses may all be found on the web or Internet. If you can contribute to this evolving collection, please email the details to me.
- Course #1: Our Diminishing Heritage: Water - William James. [N=12]
EVALUATION SUMMARY: ELDERHOSTEL, April 26 - May 1, 1998
|POOR || FAIR||GOOD||VERY GOOD||NOT MARKED|
- I thoroughly appreciated Professor James' presentations. They were very absorbing and worthwhile. I found that despite my lack of scientific background the information was clear and easy to understand. Every class was fascinating!
- The professor was extremely well organized and knowledgeable. Enough variety in his presentation to keep it interesting always.
- Very informative and well presented by a very knowledgeable professional. His sense of dry humour was enjoyed.
- His experience in other countries give a different perspective. I learned and enjoyed.
- All my expectations were met with by the course. It was stimulating with humorous presentation.
- Liked the chatty style - left with the feeling that we have a losing battle on our hands.
- Acoustics good, professor had delightful accent - easy in every way to listen to.
- Easy to understand and appreciate.